Expertise in digital marketing and e-commerce, new product introduction, global client engagement and account development, proposal development, positioning and selling the value of the company, partnership development. Champion of new ways of working & building an engaged and inspired team.
CMO / Head of Research at WorkplaceDynamics
WorkplaceDynamics is a SaaS company developing tomorrow’s set of workplace culture and collaboration tools to make the world a better place to work together.
Over the prior 9 years at BlessingWhite (2007-2016)
- As a member of the senior team, led the company from $11M in sales in 2007 to $18M in 2015 ($28M including BlessingWhite Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East)
- Built up the firm for sale by the venture capital firm to a publicly traded company at a 4x NIFO
- Launched or re-launched 33 products, realigning and repositioned the portfolio to market needs
As Head of the Leadership Practice:
BlessingWhite, A Division of GP Strategies – Princeton NJ – Dec 2014 to present
- Retooled the core portfolio to grow custom solutions to 45% of revenue
- Initiated, reinvigorated and fostered 8 strategic partnerships for new IP acquisition and development. 10 new product additions to the portfolio in 2015 alone.
- Established new sales enablement approaches, improving RFP/proposal success rate from under 5% to 10%
As VP Marketing & Asia Pacific:
BlessingWhite, A Division of GP Strategies – Princeton NJ – Jun 2007 to Dec 2014
- Developed a global lead generation and nurturing engine, based on integrated CRM, original research, digital/social marketing and a strong content marketing approach.
- Grew average daily unique sessions from 120 to 900 through website redesign, SEO/SEM, email automation, and adding new web properties, social media and video channels
- Re-established the BlessingWhite brand through research reports (9 researched, written and published personally), articles, book publishing, social media campaigns and live client events conducted around the world
- Built integrated marketing automation platform, growing inbound leads from 12 per week to 40, slashing lead response time from 5 days to less than one day
- Expanded the global distributor network from 6 to 12 and grew revenues from $100K to $600K/y
- Reduced physical packaging costs and storage from $55/unit to $25/unit by adopting streamlined approaches and more digital delivery
Head of e-Commerce:
GE Healthcare Life Sciences – Piscataway NJ – Jan 2000 to Jun 2007
- Development of GE Healthcare Life Sciences’ web presence and digital commerce capabilities, from inception to a $56M sales channel
- Established direct EDI/e-trading relationships with top 30 clients, reducing ordering ‘friction’ and decreasing missed nightly shipments by 30%
- Oversaw a global multidisciplinary team of 40 in the US, Sweden and India
- Launched self-service functions, tech support, forums, compliance, integrated service portal, account specific pricing, web channel promotions by country and many more client-centric features.
Senior Product Manager:
Imaging Research Inc. – St. Catharines, Canada – Nov 1998 to Dec 1999
(subsequently acquired by Amersham / GE Healthcare)
- Worked with the senior management team to build up and rationalize a core portfolio of scientific imaging tools prior to sale of the company
- Reworked the entire marketing approach including marketing automation, CRM and web presence
Amersham Pharmacia Biotech, London, UK – May 1998 to Nov 1998
- Developed the service offering for high-end laboratory research equipment
- Launched critical service aspects of multi-million dollar lab instrumentation
Genemark @ RVC – Feb 1997 to May 1998
- In collaboration with the Royal Veterinary College and the Canine Club of Great Britain, launched genetic disease markers based on studies of pure breed dogs
|B.Sc. Hons Business
University of Bradford School of Management, UK, 1992A business degree with specialization in Marketing.DipM. Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing
Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK, 1992In addition, I am currently enjoying the new world of open access education and advancing my skills via MOOCs such as Harvard’s CS50 and Lynda.com’s marketing courses.
Publications & public speaking
|Business Book: “The Engagement Equation” (Wiley 2012)
Leadership Strategies for an Inspired WorkforceResearch reports for BlessingWhite as lead author: Performance Management: Assess or Unleash Research Report (2015) Navigating Ambiguity: Career Research Report (2014) Leading Technical People Research Report (2013) Employee Engagement Research Report (2008, 2011, 2013)The Coaching Conundrum Report (2009, 2016)Innovate on the Run: The Competing Demands of Modern Leadership (2007)Many articles published in trade press and via BlessingWhite.com/enewsI have also been invited to present at many client events and conferences including SHRM national, ASTD, CSTD, the OPA (now DCN), TrainingIndustry, HR.com, AIM, CEIBS (China), ICAEW (London) as well as many regional HR and OD chapters.
Languages & overseas experience
|While born in the UK and carrying a UK Passport, I grew up in France to age 17, took my French Baccalaureat in 1988, and remain fluent in French.
I have traveled extensively for work and have held permanent residence in Sweden (Uppsala), Germany (Freiburg), France (Rambouillet), Canada (St. Catharines), the UK and the USA.
As a permanent resident in the USA since Jan 2000, I hold a green card and can work without restrictions.
|Distance Running (Marathon / ½ Marathon) / Cycling / Triathlons
Large Scale DIY / Home remodeling